Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Dance of Intimacy by Harriet Lerner

The Dance of Intimacy: A Woman's Guide to Courageous Acts of Change in Key RelationshipsThe Dance of Intimacy: A Woman's Guide to Courageous Acts of Change in Key Relationships by Harriet Lerner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Normally, I find 'self-help' books a struggle to read and, even if they are informative, I am usually very glad to finish them as the reading is so dry. Not so with Harriet Lerner's books. Whatever book I am reading of hers is always my favorite. The Dance of Anger is excellent in addressing overfunctioning/underfunctioning roles. This book continues to deal with influencing change by focusing on yourself but deals more with understanding triangles. I have already downloaded another Harriet Lerner book to my kindle from the library as I love all of her books.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this! Just strike "Goldhor" from my name, because I haven't used it for decades.
    And do take a look at my new book, Marriage Rules:
    A Manual for the Married and the Coupled up.
    So nice to read this review!
    Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Harriet. I heard you had a new book out and I will definitely check it out. Thanks for writing such practical helpful books.

    ReplyDelete