Friday, April 27, 2012

Veronika Decides To Die by Paulo Coelho

Veronika Decides to DieVeronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho
Rating 4.6 of 5

Veronika, at 24 years old, has a perfectly nice life, yet something is lacking. Inside her is a void. So, Veronika decides to die. She takes a handful of sleeping pills expecting never to wake up. Coelho deals with many topics in this book - suicide, Adam & Eve, sex, love - all of which raised a visceral reaction in me. I found it amusing how strongly "programmed" I am and it took me a bit to be able to get past that and hear his message. Then, soon I found myself agreeing with him! It takes an exceptional author to deal with emotional topics and to persuade the reader over to understand his way of thinking. My head is still reeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment