Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Paleo Diet for Athletes by Loren Cordain


The Paleo Diet for Athletes by Loren Cordain

My Rating: 5

The 5 stars is for rating of a diet book - which is completely different than rating a fiction book.  This was a well written book that gave me the information that I needed to understand how the Paleo Diet came about, why people believe it works and what you should eat and avoid.  It also has a lot of recipes at the back which, although I won't use, gave me ideas.  I really liked the generic ideas it gives you of how to order at various restaurants to stay on this diet.

My favorite part is that this isn't really a 'diet'.  Yes, you avoid sugars, wheat, dairy and primarily eat vegetables, fruit, fish and meats but, since you can have all you want, you are never hungry.  I also like that this isn't fanatical or extreme and you can even take days off.  Best of all I feel so much healthier following this.

No comments:

Post a Comment