Monday, March 18, 2013

Case Histories by Kate Atkinson


Case Histories (Jackson Brodie, #1)
My Rating:  3.4

Three separate crimes are brought together 30 years later by PI Jackson Brodie.

This is my first Kate Atkinson book - and I loved her writing style but really wish that some of the characters could have been more likable....or even likable. The only likable characters were the ones who were dead or minor players (I did like Theo).  That being said, Atkinson does a wonderful job of telling her story through skipping around in between each of the three crimes (sometimes a fourth was thrown in) and also skipping around chronologically and, it all unfolds beautifully.  I will be reading more by her and just hope she throws in a more appealing character here or there.

No comments:

Post a Comment