Friday, July 5, 2013

The Enchanted Life of Adam Hope

My rating: 3.4

The Enchanted Life of Adam Hope by Rhonda RileyThis is taken directly from the publisher's description:  During WWII, teenager Evelyn Roe is sent to manage the family farm in rural North Carolina, where she finds what she takes to be a badly burned soldier on their property. The rescued body recovers at an unnatural speed, and just as fast, the two of them fall deeply in love.  Rhonda Riley reveals the exhilarating, terrifying mystery inherent in all relationships: No matter how deeply we love someone, and no matter how much we will sacrifice for them, we can only know them so well…

This book is going to be so hard to capture as it dragged a lot and at some points, almost lost me. That being said, it has also stayed with me and haunted me.  .  It was entertaining and fabulous writing.  For the most part, I enjoyed the storyline although it did drag in some parts. It captured farm life so very well.  I felt the author nailed the last two sentences of the paragraph above.

No comments:

Post a Comment