Saturday, September 19, 2015

The Divers Clothes Lie Empty by Vendela Vida

Rating: 3.8

A woman travels to Casablance, is robbed of her backpack which contains her identity. This captures identity, life choices and travels (although I cringed at some of her choices), 



For "The Famous American Actress" was anyone else picturing Angelina? lol! I also laughed at some of the descriptions of Morocco.  I have been in places with no street signs and directed to "go to the shop by the KFC/Pizza Hut intersection" only to find more than one place matching that description.

The entire novel is written in the second person. You will either love or hate this. You will either see the character as immature or go with the story and enjoy it's unfolding. I loved the second person narrative so much that I was able to overlook the character not being particularly likable. This is not a must read or even a recommend but it was entertaining, especially on audio.

No comments:

Post a Comment