Sunday, December 20, 2015

Jar City by Arnaldur Indriðason

My rating: 4.6

A lonely old man is found murdered in his Reykjavík flat, the only clues are a cryptic note left by the killer and a photograph of a young girl’s grave. Inspector Erlendur, who heads the investigation team, discovers that many years ago the victim was accused, though not convicted, of an unsolved crime.


The Icelandic names - of people and places - could be confusing but just sit back and enjoy the story. I am not a huge fan of mysteries but I will definitely be reading more by this author.

2 comments:

  1. adding to my TBR. I like well written mysteries/crime novels and I secretly want to be a private detective, crazy I know but probably because I am too nosey. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol on wanting to be a PI :-) I just started the 2nd novel in this series and am really enjoying it as well (although it is disturbing that Iceland has not dealt with their domestic violence problem but, I digress). I hope you enjoy. BTW, haven't had a chance to revisit my Bookmarks magazine yet to check out your recommendations but, hopefully over the holidays.

      Delete