Friday, April 15, 2016

Front Lines by Michael Grant

My rating: 4.8

This book is set in WWII with women subject to the draft and eligible for service alongside men. This is being compared to Code Name Verity which I ranked in my 2013 Best Of.

This is the story of 3 girls; Rio Richlin, Frangie Marr, and Rainy Schulterman.  The first half of the book takes place in each of the girls home town to help you get to know them. It felt quaint which, I imagine things were in most places in the 1940's.



Then the girls go off to basic training and various points, their paths cross. From this point on, the book had me riveted. You saw and felt how war was and, how it changed each of the girls. You also understand why anyone who has been to war never talks about it. I thought this was an excellent book with an interesting premise that I would definitely recommend.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment