Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Queen of Tearling by Erika Johansen

My rating: 4.8

Kelsey's mother was killed and she was raised by guardians till the age of 19 years old. Then men came for her to take her to be Queen of the Tearling.  If you can overlook some questionable character development (when Kelsey goes from being a very sheltered teenager to suddenly being a very strong confident Queen) this is a fabulous story that kept me enthralled all the way through.


Harper Collins has not marketed this as a "Young Adult" as their is cursing and the female lead is 19 years old.  Still, I have classified it under my 'Young Adult' labels as I think anyone who has read Harry Potter or the Hunger Games would love this series.  I am looking forward to continuing reading this trilogy.




No comments:

Post a Comment