Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Close Enough To Touch by Colleen Oakley

My rating: 4.9

Jubilee, is allergic to human touch...yes, she could die from simply being touched by another person. She has a humiliating near fatal accident in high school and becomes an unplanned recluse in her home...for nine years! When her mother dies and she needs to be financially independent, she is thrust back out in to the world to fend for herself.


This took a couple of chapters to grab me but, then it did.  All of the characters grew on me with every turn of the page where I was cheering for each of them.  Eric, Aja, Madison, Ellie and most especially Jubilee where all flawed characters that I fell in love with and wanted so much for and had me rooting for them. I drew comparisons to JoJoy Moyes writing when I was telling my friends about this...before I read the descriptions. It is a fun fast read that will capture your heart and stay with you.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your reviews, this sounds facinating...never heard of the book but thanks to you added to Mt. TBR. Have a good week!
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed this book but, am just about to give up on another book of hers, Before I Go, that is a bookclub pick. Not sure if it is my mood or what but I just can't buy into the story or the characters. It was her first book so maybe she just got a lot better by Close Enough To Touch? My TBR is a MT too - a great problem to have lol! I hope you have a fabulous day xoxo

      Delete
  2. I keep meaning to ask you if you read the Modern Mrs. Darcy blog or listen to her podcast called "What Should I Read Next?" Both are fantastic and I highly recommend but beware these two along with Bookmarks and you keep my TBR stacked very high! LOL
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! I am in heaven! I am glad I made myself finish my meetings/work before letting myself look at the blog as there goes the rest of my evening - heaven! Thanks for sharing Jeana :-) xoxo

      Delete
  3. I can easily get sucked in if I let myself. I have a standing date on Tuesday morning while I get ready for work with her podcast, What Should I Read Next. Love the format and get so much info about books I have not heard about elsewhere. Enjoy!
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete