Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Bookmarks Magazine Nov/Dec 2017

Have I ever mentioned that Bookmarks is my ALL-TIME FAVORITE MAGAZINE!!!! (sorry for the caps but I do love it!) This issue didn't disappoint.

Bookmarks features authors or themes before they get to the spotlighted books. The first author was Sherman Alexie who I love!

If you haven't read "The Absolutely True Diary Of A  Part-Time Indian" I recommend it...especially on audio. This reminded me of how much I enjoy his writing so I have put these in my queue:

  

Another featured author was Kamila Shamsie who, although I haven't heard of before, definitely appealed to me from their write-up.

I have put these books by her in my queue:
    


For the spotlighted books, these jumped out at me but, as always, I need to spend time combing through this edition for the many hidden jewels that these magazines always contain:

    


     


These were already on my kindle - I just need to move them up in the queue

     

I need to live to be 100 to read all of my queue...what a fabulous problem to have :-) I always love hearing from you so please share what books you picked from this months magazine or what great books you would recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment