Friday, November 24, 2017

The Dog Lived (and So Will I) by Teresa Rhyne

My rating: 4.7

After her two dogs die, Teresa isn't planning on getting another dog but when the adoption agency calls, she finds herself head over heels in love with the most incorrigible Beagle Seamus. When Seamus is diagnosed with cancer and given over a year to live, Teresa and her much younger boyfriend Chris decide to fight it and give Seamus every opportunity.....not knowing that they were preparing Teresa for her upcoming battle with cancer.


How can a book about both a dog and a person getting cancer be funny and uplifting? I have no idea but, Teresa pulled it off. There were a lot of stories in here that had me chuckling out loud. I thought she handled the stories about Chris' parents with such delicacy, honesty and integrity - so well done. This is about love, laughter and life and she nailed all three. Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment