Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate

My Rating: 4.8

Rill is 12 years old and lives on a riverboat with her four younger siblings. When their father takes their pregnant mother to the hospital, strangers arrive and rip them from their riverboat home. They are thrown into the Tennessee Children's Home Society Orphanage which they quickly to realize is a very dark sinister place.


This was an amazingly well told story that captured the true life story of Georgia Tann and her horrific 30 years of kidnapping and selling children. 

4 comments:

  1. I just read this in February and really enjoyed! Hope you are enjoying Maui. I was just in Phoenix last week for a client meeting, it was so nice to get away from all of the rain we have had and see sunshine.
    Jeana
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jeana! I never thought I would say this but, I wish I hadn't been in Maui as it would have been amazing to meet you! I hope you had a nice time and enjoyed our beautiful weather. xoxo

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you were enjoying Maui. It would have been nice to meet you too but this trip is usually in and out same day. I had a meeting in Dallas the next morning so I flew out right after my meeting. Maybe someday I will be able to work this trip so that I have an overnight.
    Jeana
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our book club read this book recently. We we so fortunate to have a guest speaker. She had been at Georgia Tann’s orphanage! It was so interesting. I live near Memphis,and this story really came alive.

    ReplyDelete